Stove Top Baked Beans
A sweet and smokey take on a classic. With the addition of a few ingredients we've gone from basic old beans to a fun and tasty BBQ side dish.
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 2 14oz Cans of Brown Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Kansas City Shuffle
- Cast Iron Pot or Oven Safe Dutch Oven
- Wooden Spoon (preferably carved from a larger wooden spoon)
- Pre-heat oven to 300° F.
- Combine oil, onion and garlic in the pot.
- Sauté over low heat until onions begin to lightly caramelize (10-12 minutes).
- Mix in remaining ingredients and bake at 300° F for one hour.
- Serve with bread and your favorite BBQ items.
(Hot Pepper Sauce is a suggested topping for serving)